Update #2


Things are pumping up, as we put in a solid 6 hours of work on the robot yesterday. We worked on a prototype for the launching mechanism as well as one for our pick-up system. Our launch system that we prototyped was a catapult, and to pick up balls we decided to use two rotating arms that would “grab” the ball and propel it into the robot. We managed to complete the prototype for the catapult, which successfully launched the ball. The catapult design will probably be the one we will go with, but it does need a little work. Our grabber arm prototype was not completed, but all the parts have been assembled and we just need to put them together and test it on Monday. Everything seems to be going fine, and I am feeling good about how this build season will pan out.